Our Privacy Statement
Paladin Security Group Ltd., which includes Paladin Security, Paladin Technologies and Paladin Risk Solutions (“Paladin Security Group”) is committed to protecting and respecting the personal information entrusted to us by our clients and employees, and complying with applicable privacy and data protection laws. Paladin will comply with privacy legislation in each jurisdiction in which we operate.
Paladin Security Group offers a suite of customized security services, including, but not limited to:
- providing security personnel;
- designing, installing, operating and monitoring integrated security systems;
- conducting investigations; and
- providing risk management, risk mitigation and other risk consulting services for client operations.
For more detailed information about the nature of our services, see: https://paladinsecurity.com/
These services are referenced collectively in this Policy as the “Services”.
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you use our website, engage or request our Services, we may collect your name, email address, address, phone number and other contact information and other information you choose to provide about your request for security services.
Browsing Our Website
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a packet of data that is sent and stored in your browser or on your computer. Cookies keep track of your visits and activities on a website to help improve your experience on the site.
We use the following cookies:
Absolutely necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However if you want to refuse or delete them (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Personal information collected on behalf of clients:
The nature of our Services require us to collect personal information on behalf of our clients in accordance with client instructions, including audio, video-recording and other data collected through our surveillance, monitoring and security programs, which may include:
1) information about client applicants or employees as part of our background screening services;
2) information regarding the identity, behavior and location of client employees, contractors and associates at client facilities;
3) information about members of the public that access, use, or attempt to access or use client facilities;
4) mobile credential information collected through employee and site monitoring services, including real-time location and biometric information;
5) information relating to incidents that occur at sites where security services are provided, which may include information of Paladin employees, client employees, and members of the public;
6) information relating to patient identity, behavior, treatment and healthcare collected as part of our Patient Watch services;
7) information about client employees, contractors and associates as well as members of the public collected as part of our Litigation Support and Investigation services; and
8) information about client employees, contractors, associates or customers as part of our electronic security services.
Wherever possible, we collect personal information with consent. Personal information may be collected without consent in accordance with applicable law.
What are the Purposes for Collecting, Using and Disclosing Personal Information?
We will only use or disclose personal information for the purposes for which that information was collected, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. The purposes for which we collect, use or disclose personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Providing, Securing and Supporting our Services; including:
- Establishing, maintaining, coordinating, upgrading, testing, or otherwise supporting the security Services requested or engaged by a client, including targeting of Services to specific client needs.
- Managing and maintaining client accounts, including processing billing and payment information.
- Coordinating any authorized service providers who we use for marketing services, managing our customer database, the provision of professional services, and providing and managing the Services.
- Communicating with You; including:
- Communications regarding the establishment, operation or discontinuation of any Services.
- Communications relation to marketing, surveys or other email communications, including where we have obtained consent to send such communications if required.
- Improving our Website and Applications; including:
- To help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our websites and applications to assist with website and service development, diagnose potential issues or enhance usability and security.
- For Purposes Otherwise Required or Authorized by Law; including:
- Where we reasonably believe that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to respond to governmental request, to detect, prevent or aggress fraud or other security concerns, to protect against personal or property harm, or where necessary to obtain legal or other professional advice.
How Do We Secure Personal Information?
We are committed to protecting personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. We use reasonable physical, technical and security measures to protect personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot absolutely guarantee security of information.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
Accuracy of Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts to keep personal information collected directly from you accurate and up to date. You are responsible to provide updates to your personal information as soon as possible.
International Data Transfers
Personal information collected by us may be accessed or stored outside of the jurisdiction in which it is collected, where it may be subject to access or disclosure to governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Corrections or Requests for Access
Requests to access, correct, or delete personal information will be handled as promptly as possible, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.