Get the Best Training
Our training program is the most recommended by recruiters. We offer extensive programs that combine classroom theory, critical thinking, and scenario-based practice, which will put your application miles ahead of the rest. With a constantly evolving course catalogue, and highly respected trainers across Canada, you will receive superior knowledge and skills.
Many of our branches have formal and informal partnerships with local law enforcement that includes information sessions, partnered training, and tactical training. What could be better experience than training side by side with current Officers?
Testimonials: Our Success Stories
Law Enforcement officers share their stories about how working with Paladin prepared them for their career. Across Canada, over 20% of former Paladin Officers move on to pursue careers with local law enforcement and policing agencies. Find out how a career at Paladin equipped them to achieve their dream job.
“If it were not for the experience I gained during my time as a security professional with Paladin Security, I would not have acquired the confidence and knowledge I now have in dealing with policing and law enforcement issues, which allowed me to become an attractive candidate for being hired.”
– Constable Carsten Penner, Former Paladin Security Officer, Local Law Enforcement (Victoria, BC)
5 Resume Tips for your Policing Application
We spoke with recruitment specialists at local law enforcement agencies, and Paladin employees who were former Police Officers, to find the best resume tips. While there are many ways to make your resume standout, we've compiled the best ways to put your application above the rest.
1. Volunteer experience. Recruiters look for individuals who are committed to making the world a better place. Showcase your dedication through meaningful volunteer experience with an organization that you are passionate about.
2. Working in private security. With the extensive training and real-life experience, working in private security prepares you for a career in law enforcement. There are many ways that private security can be beneficial; from learning basic skills, to situational experience, to working side-by-side with law enforcement.
3. Awards and certifications. Showcasing your recognition for going the extra mile can push your application to the top. Whether it is a scholarship, community award, or employee award, recruiters will seriously consider applicants with a proven track record. Paladin offers 3 monthly performance awards at every branch for employees that go above and beyond.
4. Community involvement.There’s no better way to demonstrate that you are an outstanding citizen and member of the community than by getting involved. Participating in team sports and team building activities is a great way to showcase your commitment to your community.
5. Post-secondary education in a related field (such as criminology). Equip yourself with the proper education needed to excel in this field. Having a well-rounded application means demonstrating critical thinking as much as your physical execution.
View open positions
Valuable experience to boost your application: Working at Paladin offers the opportunity to work alongside local law enforcement and emergency response services. Depending on the locations, Paladin has formal and informal partnerships with policing agencies. This includes info sessions, partnered training, and tactical training.
What kind of training does Paladin offer?
All Paladin Officers receive 40+ hours of training as part of our basic on-boarding. In addition, we have over 100+ online courses for security training, as well as supplemental classroom and hands on training. Many of our branches have relationships with local law enforcement, which can include formal and informal partnerships. We offer partnered and tactical training, and we bring in local law enforcement officers to host private information sessions for Paladin employees only.
What placements are best for policing experience?
Any placement can offer a unique experience that can boost your Law Enforcement application. Hospital environments have a high degree of interaction with patients, their families, the public, various emergency services personnel, as well as highly skilled healthcare professionals. Mobile Security Officers are constantly honing their time management skills, a highly regarded asset on applications. Campus Security is very beneficial, as the position tends to deal with a variety of events and student-related activities that are similar to what a Police Officer would encounter. In many cases, a security guard can be the first responder to a situation, which gives invaluable experience for handling high-pressure situations.
Gain valuable experience and make a difference in your community. Apply now to take the next step in furthering your career.