How to become a security guard
To start your career in security, you will require:
- Basic Security Training
- A Security License, issued by the Province you intend to work in (not required for Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Successful completion of a background check
Paladin Officers enjoy company-paid training and licensing because we believe you shouldn’t have to pay to work. We offer training in-house by our experts who have years of experience in the industry. Working at Paladin gives you access to over 100 online courses and in-person workshops to continually improve your skills.
NOTE: While some positions are more physically demanding, we have positions available that can suit almost anyone’s ability.
Send in your application and our dedicated Employee Care team will match you with positions and clients that best complement your skills and interests.
Helping our People Lead Healthy Lives
We want our Paladin Family to thrive. Why work anywhere else? We are one of the few security companies that offer health benefits to our field employees, including:
- Dental insurance, extended healthcare coverage, and life insurance
- Corporate perks and discounts with local companies
- Company-paid uniforms and licensing
- Monthly awards for performance
- Other incentive programs
We believe in work/life balance
We strive to make our workplaces as fun as possible! Flexibility is our key driver in making you happy, because we know that happy employees give better customer service. We have one of the highest employee retention rates in the security industry.
We are proud to offer:
- Full-time, part-time and casual work options
- A variety of locations/sites to work at
- Flexible schedules that work for you
- Corporate-giving initiatives and team building
- A community-forward approach to customer service
- A dedicated Employee Care team at each location
Find a Job you Love
Our people are the core of our business. Ensuring each person at Paladin has the tools to succeed is embedded in our corporate culture and company values. Here are our 6 guiding principles:
1. Hire the right people
2. Train them properly
3. Deploy them correctly
4. Support them in their positions
5. Recognize them when they do well
6. Coach them to continually strive to do better
Paladin Values Diversity
Diversity makes us amazing. We encourage applications from all walks of life. We are an equal opportunity employer and support employment programs such as Military Employment Transition (MET). Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Over 50% of our staff speak at least one additional language to English. Almost 30% of our workforce identify as female. Nearly 25% of our staff are working with a disability.
Reach Your Potential
You do not need previous security experience to start a career at Paladin. We help you become a qualified, licensed security professional with company-paid training and a variety of theory and hands-on courses. By understanding you better, we recommend sites that are a good fit for your skills and interests. Our internal career coaches help you advance your career with Paladin.
We invest in our people because they are our best asset!
Make a difference in your community and build a career that cares. Start your fulfilling career with a company that provides industry-leading benefits and training. Apply to any of our rewarding positions today.