Why are ghosts so happy when they’re in an elevator? Because it lifts their spirits!
Now that you’ve laughed at our frightfully funny Halloween pun, we would like to share with you our Halloween safety tips for adults.
Whether you are accompanying your children or hosting a party, here are some safety tips to help creep it real and most importantly, keep you and your loved ones safe.
Hosting a Party
Halloween parties are fun and its exciting to see what costumes your guests will be sporting. To ensure a safe and enjoyable party is had, be sure to consider these tips:
- Do not serve alcohol to minors
- Only invite people that you know
- Never leave candles unattended
- Turn on your exterior lights to ensure your home is visible
- Designate a sober driver to get guests home safely
Halloween can be a very stressful evening for pets, as they can experience heightened anxiety caused by loud noises and trick or treaters. To ensure pets are kept safe and calm, follow our tips below:
- Keep pets on a leash (if you are taking them outside)
- Keep pets indoors and away from trick or treaters
- Do not feed your pets Halloween candy
- Don’t dress your pet up unless he/she enjoys it
- Keep decorations and wires out of reach
Handing out Candy
Trick or treating is the highlight of the evening for children. To help ensure they have an enjoyable night, keep these tips in mind:
- Only hand out store bought candy
- Dispose of any wrapped candy that has come undone
- Ensure your house’s interior and exterior is well lit
- Create a clear and safe path for trick or treaters
- Do not let trick or treaters into your home
With a busy evening ahead of you, here are some tips to help you plan for a night of trick or treating:
- Determine a clear trick or treating route
- Ensure you have a flashlight / safety vest, so you are visible to vehicles
- Bring water with you
- Walk to the door with your children
- Inspect your children’s candy thoroughly
As we countdown to Halloween night, we hope you consider the above safety tips to help ensure a fun and safe evening.
Have a fang-tastic Halloween!